Donr’s terms of service outline:
- The role Donr (“we”, “us”) carry out for organisations and their supporters
- What we expect from supporters (“you”) in return.
These terms of service relate to Donr’s provision of the website www.donr.com (“the website”) and the payment services (“the services”) contained within, and are the standard terms for the provision of payment services by DONR LTD, a Private Limited Company registered in England under number 10402410, registered address The Stables, Back St Georges Terrance, Jesmond, Newcastle.
These terms of service govern your use of the website and it’s services. Before submitting a payment, please ensure that you have read these terms of service carefully. If you are unsure about any part of these Terms and Conditions, please ask us for clarification.
Terms and Conditions for Payments
- The balance of the payment, as specified by you in the payment instruction, will be charged immediately to your mobile phone bill upon the instruction being submitted on the website.
- Payment instructions can only be submitted through the website, after you have verified your mobile number. No other payment routes are possible at this time.
- If you are not the bill payer, you must seek permission from the bill payer before making a payment. Payment instructions are submitted to us with the understanding that permission has been obtained.
- You must be 16 years or over to use Donr.
- There is a £30 limit per day per organisation for payments made through Donr.
- Once a payment is completed, it cannot be refunded unless you obtain the written consent of the organisation to which the payment was made. Donr reserves the right to invoice the organisation the refund amount and the organisation must settle the invoice within 45 days of the invoice.
- Once you submit a payment instruction to us through the website, the transaction is final and non-disputable. If there has been fraudulent use of your mobile phone, or if it is lost or stolen, you must notify the appropriate authorities and your mobile network operator, who will contact us with details of the fraud.
- The payment service may not be available for all mobile network operators or virtual network operators. In the case where your mobile network is not supported, no charge will be made.
- Where applicable, if you are a UK taxpayer, you may be eligible to claim GiftAid on your donation amount. Donr, as a GiftAid agent of the charities we partner with, is able to claim an additional 25p in GiftAid from HMRC for every £1 that is donated. A GiftAid declaration can be made after you’ve submitted your donation instruction to Donr. The details you state on your declaration must be accurate.
Additional Terms and Conditions for Recurring Payments
The following terms for recurring payments apply additionally to the terms outlined in the terms and conditions for payments.
- If you have instructed us to establish a recurring payment, this will be set up from the date the payment instruction is originally submitted on the website. The next and subsequent recurring payments will be made once the instructed recurring period has passed, in each recurring cycle.
- Once a recurring payment instruction is submitted, you will receive a confirmation SMS detailing the recurring payment amount and period, opt-out method and helpline.
- Recurring payments can be cancelled at any time by texting STOP to 70085. You will then receive a confirmation SMS message. This is the recommended opt-out method. Recurring payments can also be stopped by calling Donr helpline, although no confirmation message will be sent if the recurring payment is stopped via this method.
- Recurring payments will continue until you instruct us to stop, via the methods above.
- We reserve the right to cancel a recurring payment, at any time, without prior notification to the donor, at the discretion of either the organisation or Donr employees.
- Donr will send a monthly reminder message to you. Each reminder message will contain information on who the recurring payment is for, on stopping the recurring payment and how to contact Donr.
- Where applicable, GiftAid can be claimed on all recurring donations made by UK taxpayers. A GiftAid declaration made to Donr is valid for the period of 12 months after the original donation is made. Once the 12 month period has passed, Donr will require that a new declaration is made to continue claiming GiftAid. If a new declaration is not made, then Donr will be unable to continue to claim GiftAid.
General Terms and Conditions
Information we collect
All personal information that we may collect (including, but not limited to, your name and address) will be collected, used and held in accordance with the provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998 and your rights under that Act.
Your usage of the website and it’s payment services
All users of the website and payment services must abide by the following rules and guidelines:
We always use reasonable efforts to ensure that our provision of the service is trouble-free. If, however, there is a problem with the payment service, we request that you inform us as soon as is reasonably possible.
By visiting or using the Website or any of its associated services, you agree not to (and not to use any tool, program, script, browser extension or other technique, including bots, robots, spiders and scrapers and any similar tools or methods, in order to): (i) copy (except as authorised by these Terms of Service), mirror, frame, index, scrape, mine or otherwise gather or extract any of the content. All content on the Website and its associated services is owned by Donr, our member organisations or other original providers, and is protected by the applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. No use of the Website's and its associated services' content is permitted without the express prior permission of Donr, and, where applicable, the copyright holder.
These Terms and Conditions, the Contract, and the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with English law.
Any dispute, controversy, proceedings or claim between you and us relating to these Terms and Conditions, the payment service, or the relationship between you and Us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
How your payment is used
Donr bears no control for how payments made through the website are used by organisations. Organisations using Donr reserve the right to utilise your payment in a manner of their choosing, in accordance to their own guidelines and rules. Donr undertakes no guarantee that payments given through the website will be applied directly to any particular cause.
All content on the Donr website and associated payment services is owned by Donr, our member organisations or other original providers, and is protected by the applicable intellectual property and proprietary rights and laws. Besides personal, non-commercial use, no other use of the website's and its associated services' content is permitted without the express prior permission of Donr, and, where applicable, the copyright holder.